Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hey Joe (Vollan) whadda ya know??

Hey Schmancy Fans!! Joe Vollan will be having a solo show in the store from January 8 - February 11!! Don't forget to stop by during the month to check out his work. *There will NOT be an opening on the 8th, and the store will just be open regular hours (11-6)* But drumroll please!! Huck Gee will be honoring Schmancy with his presence on January 22, 2010 from 6-8pm for a signing session. More to follow!



On with the interview....

S: Joe, will you be making any new year's resolutions?
JV: Today one of my co-workers said that being nicer should be my resolution, so I'm going to give that a shot.

S: How did you come up with the new show, that will be at Schmancy this month?
JV: My wife bought me a bunch of really nice looking frames, so I got wood panels to fit them. so all the paintings are smaller then usual for this show.

S: What is your favorite underwater animal?
JV: I would have to say definitely a squid.

S: You live in Seattle and seem very inspired by the city. Do you have a favorite place to sketch or come up with ideas?
JV: Seattle is a very inspirational and beautiful city, I like to walk around downtown a lot, also gasworks park makes me happy.

S: Any upcoming events or updates we should know about?
JV: My website (joevollan.com) should be up and running, hopefully within a month. Im very excited about that.

S: Thanks for talking with us Joe, and we look forward to seeing your work!

No comments: